Deviancy!

Hey, feel free to pop over to http://creativewriter92.deviantart.com/ where I have a lot more content. Photographs, drawings, poems. Hope you enjoy xx



Monday 9 May 2011

Dragonflies

So I hurt my ankle last night and as a result I stayed home from college, and I have to say I am so glad I made that decision!

I was sat there watching television when an insect entered the room and started buzzing around. But then I noticed there were two insects. Then I noticed they were both dragonflies. And then I noticed something amazing!

They were Siamese Twin Dragonflies!



Now I know its not that interesting, but what I mean, is that I was amazed at how amazed I was! It had never occurred to me that the same things happen to humans and animals! Not once had the thought of Siamese animals crossed me.

Then I got thinking about what else in the world hadn’t I thought about! I mean, we live in a bubble where we are only concerned with what we want to, living in a fantasy world.

Out of sight and out of mind, as they say, but just how much really is out of mind?!

5 comments:

1q23 said...

But are there gay dragon flies too?

And if there are then I bet there aren't any transvestite ones.

Hope your ankle is feeling better, even as you read this.

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Jack

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm fairly sure that dragonflies joined like this are the cause of conception, and not the result of it. I don't doubt that Siamese twin dragonflies are possible, but I rather think that they wouldn't make it out of the egg, let alone be flying around in adulthood.

That said, the world is nevertheless an endlessly fascinating and amazing place. I think it was J B S Haldane who said, "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, but stranger than we can imagine." I had my own "Wow" moment a couple of years ago, visiting the remarkable cave system at Skocjan in Slovenia, when I realised that all the dramatic beauty around me had arisen from the operation of some very simple laws of physics and chemistry (OK, and some biology: they're limestone caves), and that other, equally simple laws produce such wonderful things as rainbows and eclipses.

Take care

Mark

Wayne said...

Lots of dragonflies around here in the summertime; they get rid of a lot of mosquitoes I think. Be careful with a sprained ankle cos it is very easy to re-injure it again before it heals fully. Maybe use a cane for a while. bfn - Wayne :)

Anonymous said...

Mating dragonflies...very cool...
Hope the ankle gets better...3 B's!!!

Peace <3
Jay

Jack xx said...

I think there are gay dragonflies, there are gay animals in every species and every continent, so why not. And who knows about the transvestite ones lol.

Thanks mark, my friend pointed this out to me earlier, which i hadnt thought of. But i looked it up and apparently they mate when their abdomen's are pressed together or in a heart shape, but then again, thats just one breed of dragonfly.
but either way, the thought and message i was trying to show still stands lol.
Oh, and they were flying around in adulthood like that lol. :P

And wow, didnt know that wayne. you learn something new everyday lol. and i'll try but i get fidgety easily lol, but i'm used to being injured lol.

xx

Post a Comment